This policy explains how The Alternative View/Alternative View Media uses any information you provide to us during your use of our website.
This website is operated by The Alternative View/Alternative View Media (‘us’) which is the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. You may contact us at the following address:
Unit A2, Phoenix Mill Business Park, Estover, Plymouth, Devon, PL6 7PY
UK: +44 (0)7354 454988
What information do we collect?
The information you provide to us during your use of our site will be used by us in order to supply you with goods and services under the Terms and Conditions of our websites. We may also collect information about your buying preferences in order to contact you from time to time by e-mail or telephone with details of carefully selected products or special offers which may be of interest to you. We undertake not to share or disclose any of the information which you provide to us, save that which is necessary to complete the purchase transaction.
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order or subscribe to our newsletter.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- to personalise your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- to improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you);
- to improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs);
- to process transactions (your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested); and
- to send periodic emails (the email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email).
Yes - Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
If you do not wish to receive information from us, please contact us. You may at any time request a copy of the information we hold on you (for which we may charge a small fee) by writing to us at the above address.